At its 21st meeting, the Board of the Green Climate Fund (GCF) requested the Independent Evaluation Unit (IEU) to undertake the Performance Review of the Fund. It requested that the Forward-looking Performance Review (FPR) be undertaken while considering the current stage of the Fund's operations and with a view to the GCF being a learning institution. The IEU published the FPR on June 30, 2019.
- Evaluation report
- The evaluation was commissioned by the Board in IEU Work Plan and Budget for 2019 at B.21.
- The approach paper prepared by the evaluation team includes an overview of the background, aims and objectives, scope of work, the approach and methods and timeline.
- The evaluation team further developed an approach brief to provide a pre-implementation summary of the Forward-looking Performance Review (FPR) of the GCF. It describes the evaluation’s context, purpose, objectives, output, timing and methods.
*Translated from the original English version of the document.
- Executive Summary
- Topical Brief: Summary of the Review
- Topical Brief: What can the GCF private sector facility do faster, better, smarter?
- Topical Brief: What are we learning about GCF's accreditation process?
- Topical Brief: Fifteen Quick Key Take-Aways from the Forward-looking Performance Review
- Forward-looking Performance Review of the GCF: Evidence tree
- The GCF Secretariat Management response presents the response to the Forward-looking Performance Review of the GCF undertaken by the Independent Evaluation Unit (IEU).
- Following the GCF Evaluation Policy, Management Action Reports are submitted by the IEU to the GCF Board. They track the progress made in the adoption of recommendations made by IEU evaluations. The Management Action Report on the Forward-looking Performance Review of the GCF was submitted to the Board as an annex to the report on the IEU's activities at B.31 (GCF/B.31/Inf.09).