2021 work plan
At its twenty-seventh meeting in October 2020, the Board of the Green Climate Fund (GCF) approved a budget of USD 5,912,573 to fund the Independent Evaluation Unit’s (IEU) activities in 2021.
There are four key elements of the IEU’s annual work plan for 2021.
Building and strengthening the IEU
In response to an increased workload over previous years, the IEU will increase the overall team strength and develop its internal capacity.
The IEU will undertake five evaluations in 2021:
- An independent evaluation of the effectiveness of GCF investments in least developed countries (LDCs);
- A rapid assessment of GCF Request for Proposal (RFP) programme;
- An independent evaluation of the GCF approach to private sector;
- The learning-oriented real-time impact assessment (LORTA) programme; and
- The Second Performance Review of the Green Climate Fund.
Capacity building and advisory services
In 2021, the IEU will undertake two evidence reviews, provide capacity building services through LORTA, and explore state-of-the-art methods through several methods papers.
Uptake, communication, and partnerships
The IEU’s communication and uptake workstream acts as a knowledge broker between evaluators, the GCF ecosystem and the broader climate finance landscape. It will continue to ensure that the IEU’s data and evidence-rich evaluations, capacity building and learning works are packaged and disseminated in various ways to ensure effective outreach, engagement and uptake.
- Newsletter Issue 12, January - March 2021
- Newsletter Issue 11, September - December 2020
- Newsletter Issue 10, April - August 2020
- Newsletter Issue 9, January - March 2020
- Newsletter Issue 8, October - December 2019
- Newsletter Issue 7, April - July 2019
- Newsletter Issue 6, January - March 2019
- Newsletter Issue 5, October - December 2018
- Newsletter Issue 4, April - June 2018
- Newsletter Issue 3, January - March 2018
- Newsletter Issue 2, September - December 2017
- Newsletter Issue 1, March - May 2017