Independent Assessment of the GCF’s Environmental and Social SafeguardsAn assessment of the GCF’s environmental and social safeguards (ESS) including the Environmental and Social management system (ESMS): The IEU will assess the extent to which past and current social and environmental safeguards, the ESMS and the policy have been useful and have helped mitigate key risks for the Fund with a special focus on LDCs, African countries and SIDS.
The review will determine which current safeguards can be strengthened and examine their implementation in implemented projects. It will constructively assess how environmental and social considerations may be used and mainstreamed in the best possible manner to help inform the Secretariat’s work in this space.
- Background documents
- Evaluation Report
- Annexes published separately to the Evaluation Report
- Annex 4: Perception survey of the Project Preparation Facility review
- Annex 5: Benchmarking study
- Annex 6: Project Preparation Facility review
- Summaries of the Evaluation Report