Independent Assessment of the GCF’s Country OwnershipAn independent assessment of the Fund’s success in ensuring country ownership will be conducted. Country ownership is a core principle for the GCF. The IEU will examine the extent to which country needs and country ownership have been incorporated in both the design and implementation of the Fund’s policies and practices.
The review will include country engagement, review of key documents, on-the-ground verifications and an assessment of what is working, how and for whom, while identifying key bottlenecks in ensuring access and commitment to this overall guiding principle of country ownership.
The assessment will recognize that country ownership is an evolving and ongoing process and will make recommendations for improvements. The overall and final report will be available in October 2019.
- Background documents
- Evaluation Report
- Main Report English | Spanish | French
- Annexes to the Main Report English | Spanish | French
- COA Executive Summary
- Summaries of the Evaluation Report
- Video Highlight: Independent Evaluation of the GCF's Country Ownership Approach
- Video Highlight: Country Case Studies for the Independent Evaluation of the GCF's Country Ownership Approach