The Readiness and Preparatory Support Programme (RPSP) was launched in 2014. The basis of the RPSP is defined in the Governing Instrument of the Green Climate Fund (GCF): "the Fund will provide resources for readiness and preparatory activities and technical assistance such as the preparation or strengthening of low-emission development strategies ... and for in-country institutional strengthening."
This also includes the strengthening of capacities for country coordination and to meet fiduciary and environmental and social safeguards, in order to enable countries to directly access the Fund. At its seventeenth meeting, the GCF Board requested the Independent Evaluation Unit (IEU) to independently evaluate the RPSP.
- Main Report English | Spanish | French
- Annexes to the Main Report
- IEU's presentation on the independent review of the GCF's RPSP to B22
- Board Decision GCF/B22/03 on the independent evaluation of GCF's RPSP
- Board Decision GCF/B22/03/Add01 on the Secretariat management response to the independent evaluation of GCF's RPSP