IEU aims to be a source of information about evaluation and climate change. We aim to become your point of reference when you are looking for information on climate change and evaluation.
IEU produces a quarterly newsletter. Subscribe to the newsletter.
Catch up with past Newsletters:
Relevant papers and publications produced by members of the IEU
- Soil and nutrients loss in Malawi: an economic assessment - FAO, UNDP, UNEP, Malawi Ministry of Agriculture,Irrigation and Water Development. Solomon Asfaw, Carlo Orecchia, Giacomo Pallante, Alessandro Palma (2018).
- The Impact of Cash Transfer Programs in Building Resilience: Insight from African Countries
Solomon Asfaw and Benjamin Davis (2018).
- Climate Resilience Pathways of Rural Households. Evidence from Ethiopia. Solomon Asfaw, Giuseppe Maggio and Alessandro Palma (2018).
- Transformational Change - the Challenge of a Brave New World, Independent Evaluation Unit, Learning Paper No. 1, by Jyotsna Puri, Green Climate Fund (June 2018)
- Evaluating advocacy: an exploration of evidence and tools to understand what works and why, by Katie Naeve, Julia Fischer-Mackey, Jyotsna Puri, Raag Bhatia and Rosaine N. Yegbemey (December 2017)
- The wicked cases of education and climate change: the promise and challenge of theory-based impact evaluations, in “Evaluation for Agenda 2030: Providing Evidence on Progress and Sustainability”, edited by Rob D. van den Berg, Indran Naidoo and Susan D. Tamondong (December 2017)
- Can rigorous impact evaluations improve humanitarian assistance? by Jyotsna Puri, Anastasia Aladysheva, Vegard Iversen, Yashodhan Ghorpade and Tilman Brück (October 2017)
- Understanding financial risks for smallholder farmers in low and middle income countries: what do we know and not know? by Bidisha Barooah, Bharat Kaushish and Jyotsna Puri (August 2017)
- Understanding financial agricultural risk for smallholder farmers in developing countries: what do we know and not know Evidence gap map 9
- Evaluating Climate Change Action for Sustainable Development, edited by Juha Ilari Uitto, Jyotsna Puri and Rob D. van den Berg (December 2016)
Other agencies working in evaluation
- Independent Evaluation Department (IED), Asian Development Bank
- Independent Development Evaluation (IDEV), African Development Bank
- Evaluation Department (EvD), European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Independent Evaluation Office (IEO), Global Environment Facility
- Monitoring & Evaluation, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit
- Office of Evaluation (OED), Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE), Inter-American Development Bank
- Operations Evaluation, European Investment Bank
- Independent Office of Evaluation, International Fund for Agricultural Development
- Independent Evaluation Office, United Nations Development Programme
- Independent Evaluation Group, World Bank
- Policy for Monitoring and Evaluation, The Millennium Challenge Corporation