Previous IEU evaluative and learning work has shown that the GCF continues to face challenges in attracting and involving the private sector, particularly in adaptation.
This evaluation examines the approach of the GCF to involving and mobilizing the private sector, and assesses the relevance, effectiveness and efficiency of the approach of the GCF towards the private sector. This evaluation was delivered at the final Board meeting in 2021.
- Evaluation report
- The evaluation was commissioned by the Board in IEU Work Plan and Budget for 2021 at B.27.
- The approach paper prepared by the evaluation team during the inception stage describes the approach, methods, and timeline and limitation for the evaluation.
- The evaluation team further developed an approach brief to provide a pre-implementation summary of the Independent Evaluation of the GCF’s Approach to the Private Sector. It describes the evaluation’s context, purpose, scope, methods and country case studies.
IEU Lab Reports
- Executive Summary
*Translated from the original English version of the document.
- In Decision B.30/11, the GCF Board invited its members and alternate members to consider and provide comments on the findings and recommendations of five IEU evaluations and their corresponding Secretariat management responses. The list of evaluations included the independent evaluation of the GCF’s Approach to the Private Sector. The Board also requested the IEU to prepare a summary of these views. The IEU included this summary in its 2021 Annual Report.
- In Decision B.32/06, on review of the initial private sector facility modalities and the private sector strategy, the GCF Board took note of the findings and recommendations in the Independent Evaluation of the GCF’s Approach to the Private Sector, the Secretariat’s corresponding management response, and the Board’s consideration of these pursuant to decision B.30/11.
- Following the GCF Evaluation Policy, Management Action Reports are submitted by the IEU to the GCF Board. They track the progress made in the adoption of recommendations made by IEU evaluations. The Management Action Report on the Independent Evaluation of the GCF's Approach to the Private Sector was submitted to the Board as an annex to the report on the IEU's activities at B.34 (GCF/B.35/Inf.02).