Evidence Review on Results-Based Payments
Results-based payments (also known as performance-based aid, performance-based contracts, impact investments or conditional transfers) provide funding conditional on actions undertaken by target beneficiaries (which are sometimes verified by third parties). This evidence review will focus on results-based payment interventions at national to community scales in desired outcome areas globally.
The evidence gap map and intervention heat map will answer the following questions:
- What is the extent of the evidence base on the effectiveness of results-based payment interventions?
- Where has the GCF allocated project finance to date within the intervention/outcome framework developed for the evidence gap maps?
The systematic review will answer the following questions:
- To what extent have results-based payment interventions been effective at achieving change in desired outcome areas at the micro, meso and macro scales?
- How can these interventions be clustered most effectively to allow aggregation and meta-analysis?
- To what extent have the form of the financial instrument and/or the institutional architecture determined significant change within groups of interventions?
- Evidence gap map
- Intervention heat map
- Systematic review