During the Transformations Conference 2023 the IEU will share its work on transformational change in the online panel "Transformative Policy, Institutions, and Organizations."
Conference Date: 12 - 14 July 2023
Panel Date & Time: 14 July 2023 1:00 - 2:00pm CEST
Transformative Policy, Institutions, and Organizations. Governance for transformation, institutional arrangements, organisational structure and form, how to engage diverse communities in policy making, how to work over multiple scales, transformative enterprise, diversity and inclusion, design.
- How can policy and decision-making processes support transformative outcomes? How is transformation governed?
- What institutional arrangements support transformative outcomes? How do rules and norms support transformation?
- What organizational structures are appropriate to engage diverse kinds of communities and address different kinds of transformations challenges?
- What structures characterise the most effective transformative partnerships? How does this change with scale, from local place-based engagements to global networks?
- How can we build inclusive communities of practice that support transformations researchers and practitioners to be more effective together?
- How can we address power imbalances and manage risks in designing and maintaining equitable partnerships?
- Promoting paradigm shifts towards a climate-resilient world: Lessons from evaluations of the Green Climate Fund
Genta Konci, Evaluation Specialist, Independent Evaluation Unit, Green Climate Fund
- Why Australia needs a climate adaptation reform agenda that includes transformation
Dr. Anna Sanders, Researcher, Australian National University
- Transforming the national security system: a new paradigm and new practices for partnering with people
Mariana Zafeirakopoulos, Doctoral Candidate, University of Technology Sydney
- Enabling Mechanisms for Gender Research in the Agriculture, Aquaculture, and Natural Resources Sector in the Philippines and their Transformative Impact to the Sector
Glory Dee Romo, Associate Professor V, University of Philippines, Mindanao
About the Conference
The Transformations Conference 2023 will explore the role of partnerships in transformative practice. It will look for ways to build more effective, inclusive, and transformative partnerships. The community will be responding to:
- The overall community mission of sustainability transformations
- The conference theme of transformative partnerships for a better world
- Eight conference sub-themes