Here is the draft of the GCF’s Evaluation Policy.
The IEU invites you to comment on the policy until the 11th of January 2019. Please email your comments with the subject line ‘GCF Evaluation Policy’ to [email protected].
The IEU will be submitting the GCF Evaluation Policy to the Board at B.22.
Principles for Developing the GCF's Evaluation PolicyThe IEU is the overall guardian of the GCF’s evaluation policy. In developing the policy, the IEU followed well-considered guidelines and principles. Specifically, the IEU:
- Consulted extensively within the GCF and among its stakeholders.
- Clarified the implications of the policy's scope, processes and stakeholders.
- Considered the context of the GCF, including its existing policies and governing mandate, and the guidance provided by the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.
- Included a process for the Evaluation Policy to be revised every five years.
- Defined key principles, such as credible measurement, independence and utuility; clarified the roles of GCF partners involved in preparing and implementing projects; and explained the IEU's role and linkages.